Saturday 13 February 2010

I Confess of Success

I must confess that I've been holding out on you you all. While I was away on my trip in Falmouth, I learned that an item I had sent had posted and I have to say I was impressed. The Royal Mail really seems to be a royal service. So shocked was I, that at first the confused text message notification I received containing many a question mark, didn't make any sense to me - although it could've been due to it waking me from a slumber. I quickly text back and demanded pictures to be taken immediatelyand here they are:





It was incredibly the banana. I never actually thought this would go through and I'm quite amazed at the profesionalism of the Royal Mail and it only took approximately 6 business days to get back to me. This does now open up more postable possibilities. Also, as an added bonus I even got an apology and a free bag! It reads:

Our Sincere
Apologies
Dear Customer
I am very sorry that the enclosed item addressed to you, has been damaged whilst in our care. Although we do all we can to prevent such damage it does occasionally occur.
If you think any of the items are missing or damaged, you can obtain the form 'Lost,damaged or delayed inland mail' by phoning your local Customer Service Centre of 08457 740 740 ( all calls are charged at local rates) or from the Post Office®branches and we will arrange
for investigations to be made.
For more information please refer to Royal Mail's Code of Practice booklet, your guide to service
standards.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused
Yours Sincerely
Customer Service Manager

----

Now that's what I call service, with a sense of humour to boot. So in future, if you're ever caugh short of an envelope when in desperate need to post a banana, you know what to do.


Banana

Posted on: 30/1/10

Arrival: 6/2/10

Time: 11:20

Will it Post? : We now know, yes

No comments:

Post a Comment