Thursday 4 February 2010

Post #3: Chain Mail Suicide

Having posted two 'will it's' on a journey of discovery, I decided to do a little discovering of my own and temporarily 'upped sticks' to the seaside town of Falmouth in Cornwall. Taking in the seaviews, cliff walks and the odd pasty ( had an apple an blackcurrent incase you were wondering - of course I pondered its postability) I couldn't help my mind taking a wander too. With the possibility of a banana winging its way to me had I created myself an albatross? As incredible as it might be, if the banana posted, where would I go from there? Could I go anywhere? Would this be it for will it post? Should I throw myself over this cliff? That would be silly, unless I was somehow torn apart by the force of waves on rock into lots of little postable pieces. Then I met a girl called Jess, a fan of will it post and suddenly I was inpired. Not to commit suicide but to further evolve 'will it'. Turns out Jess, is studying art at the University College Falmouth. We discussed 'das post ya' for a few hours and before one knew it, I ( ok we ) had a crafty idea.It's good to collaborate once in a while I find. It can help you to see an idea you have, more clearly and doing so this time didn't do that. I already have the idea and I know what it is, no woman can change me, or will it post. Fortunately for Jess, she is more of a girl and girls are good. So on a bleak windy day in Falmouth, Will It Post had its first [collborative]outsider effort and it pains me to say that I liked it.

Jess had created a paper chain letter to send through the post. This wasn't any paper chain letter, oh no. It was a perfect cut out of this, now no longer hypothetical paper chain letter's destination address.In order for it to be posted, the postman( or woman )would have to open it out to see the address. We placed two stamps on it this time. One on the full stop after the postcode and one on the 'R' of the postcode - being that it was technically the most upper right position of the letter. Due to the delicate nature of the letter, our concern was that it might rip on its 400 mile long perilous journey. Who knows what heavy handed person or machine(do machines even have hands? perhaps a post or a blog for another time) it might encouter. So in order to try an appease both those concerned for the letters' safety and the Will it Post purists out there, we decided to use a paper clip to bind it all together; the postcode portion of the chain clearly visible on top. Luckily those arty folk at UCF were on hand again and fashioned me a paper clip.Thanks Lucy.


The post was made on 4th February 2010 at approximately 17:00. Last collection from the post box will be at 16:00.So unfortunately because life moves so much slower down in Falmouth, it means, so will the progress of this post.
Paper Chain
Posted on:
4/2/10
Status : Unknown
Will it Post? 80% Yes



No comments:

Post a Comment